Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Path of the Wind

The time has come! Many of you will remember that I started a blog in 2009 after Logan was born called "In His Hands." The blog was therapeutic for me at first and then became overwhelming and emotional. I prayed about it and decided that it was not the right time for me to put my thoughts and feelings surrounding that time in my life out there. I needed time.

I have been considering and praying about a new blog and here it is! It took me a long time to decide on the theme of my blog. I thought a lot about scripture and what direction I wanted to take. Then I came across Ecclesiastes 11:5. Well...I don't believe that I came across it as much as I was lead to it, actually. As I said, I was praying for guidance to the theme of my blog and I knew I wanted it to be based on scripture. So anyway...I was lead to Ecclesiastes 11:5 which says this:
As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.
Every part of this scripture has meaning to me.

As you do not know the path of the wind: I am a worrier (not warrior). I allow myself to become consumed with worry over things in the future. Things that I cannot control. I think I can write my book sometimes when, in reality, my book is already written. I will use this scripture to remind myself that my book is already written by One much greater than I.

or how the body is formed in a mother's womb: This just evokes emotions throughout my entire body. Wow. I do not know how Logan's body was formed in my womb with that extra chromosome, but He did know because He formed his body the exact way that He wanted it. And so He did with every child.

so you cannot understand the work of God: There is no reason for me to understand or ask God "why" because nothing that He does needs to be explained to me. The book is written and it was never mine to write or change. I believe that I am where I am supposed to be living the life that God has ordained for me. All I have to do is listen to His whispers and follow His commands.

the Maker of all things: He is the Maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen. I profess this with my church and believe it to be true. We have all been knit in perfection by Him. All people. All races. All disabilities. Every cell of our being.

And so it is. The theme of my blog is "the path of the wind" to remind me that I do not know the path that God has planned for me, nor can I change it. I strongly believe that He guides me and as I look back I know that He has guided me to where I am today. Many things have happened that I would never have thought, but I heard His whisper and I followed His lead. In connection with my last blog, it really is "In His Hands" and I do not know "The Path of the Wind."

I pray that you are Blessed and that you are a Blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment