Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It Makes A Difference

It's 2 am and my mind is turned "on" so this is me sharing my thoughts. Hopefully they will still make sense when read by a person who has had a full night of sleep. Parents often dispute the idea/thought/belief that our children suffer with Down syndrome. People do not "suffer" with Down syndrome. I believe they are blessed with it. People do suffer with migraines which is why I'm up at 2 am. So why just stay in bed wide awake? I figured I would share my thoughts instead, since I feel inspired.

I have been brainstorming on ways that I can raise money for Nana's adoption and while I haven't come up with anything brilliant yet, I'm hoping that won't stop me. I'd like to do some sort of giveaway to encourage people to donate. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them. Yesterday when I "checked in" on her fund I was so pleased to see that it was up to $65 meaning there was an additional contribution made and although I don't know who made it, I am so thankful. It Makes A Difference. One dollar. Five dollars. One hundred dollars. It Makes A Difference.

Another pleasant surprise. The Angel Tree/Christmas Warrior program began on November 1st, just 9 days ago. There has been over $23,000 raised for 180 children who do not have a family in just 9 days! The better news is that during this 9 day period 5 children are on their way to having a family.


Meet Whitney, Lucille, Trixie and Alissa. These are 4 of the 5 who now have a family...working on the tedious adoption process toward bringing them home. They now have a family. Soon...they will be Orphans No More! It Makes A Difference.

I have to confess that looking at the last picture of that sweet little Alissa reduces me to tears. Another reason I cannot sleep tonight. Alissa will always have a special place in my heart. I have thought about and prayed for her since I first saw her. I will never forget her face and will always remember that sweet smile. I am so over-flowing with joy and praise that she will soon leave the orphanage and be loved by a family. I can't wait to find out more about them.

There are still hundreds of beautiful children that Reece's Rainbow and the Christmas Warriors are advocating for. If you are looking for a way to share your blessings this holiday season will you consider a donation to one or more of these children. It Makes A Difference.

I pray that during the next two months Nana can join the other five children whose family found them. If you would like to help make that possible please donate to her fund here. Please remember to donate through the Angel Tree link. If you make a $35 donation you will receive an ornament with her picture on it. If you cannot make a donation at this time, will you please pray for these children? It Makes A Difference.

One more thing. Here is Nana's picture again. That way you can see her beautiful face as you pray over her.



It's after 3 am now and I'm going to give sleep another try! Have a Blessed Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment