Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Happy Gotcha Day - Two Years!!!

Two years ago today I walked out of a Bulgarian orphanage with Gracie in my arms. We were both scared. I was shaking. My husband was in Germany with our oldest daughter (passport issues) and I was alone and amazed at what was happening.

I remember every single detail like it just happened. How two years have gone by so quickly is beyond me.

I will say this, with tears in my eyes...we have come a long way.

The first few days with Gracie were so hard. She was afraid. I was afraid. Some things went better than expected. Other things worse than expected. There were surprises that I had not planned for. There were moments of doubt and fear. I prayed a lot.

Today I am remembering every moment of her first days in my arms and her first days in our home. I am so proud of how much she has accomplished and so thankful that we trusted God and took such a leap of faith.

Gracie is in Kindergarten this year. She is not talking (yet), but I can see how smart she is. She has done so well in KG that her teacher had to set all new goals for her six weeks after school started. I am so proud of her accomplishments. I'm so glad that we have been able to allow her to live in an environment that she can develop into the person that God intended for her to be.

Our daughter. His daughter.

Not a worthless disabled piece of skin and bones locked up and alone in a crib all day.

The first year was difficult. She was scared. She was hyper-vigilant. She did not trust us. She was sick. It was a tough year of figuring things out.

The second year has been amazing. We have all adjusted so well. Gracie is now more relaxed and happy than ever. She is so much more comfortable now. We figured out her tummy issues and she is feeling much better. She loves school and everyone loves her!

I can't believe it's been a year since I've posted. I just don't have time for regular updates but do want you to know how great she is doing! Here are some pictures of her from the past year. Bare with me...there are a lot of pictures. I could have posted more. My little love. So happy. So smiley. So sweet.


















1 comment:

  1. Praise God for the second year!!

    I love how she is the one kiddo you have who resembles you the most. <3

    ReplyDelete